New project

Brit, Irish, Canadian, Australian, US and all around the world board. Language: English
stage7
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

New project

Post by stage7 »

Here could go everything about the new project by the YS developers.
Massimo32 wrote:Here the new project in sourceforge.net, it's called Open World Soccer:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openworldsoccer/

There are still no files, but version 0.1 will arrive soon ;)
Those are really good news :D OK, now some suggestions in my personal order of importance for a product in alpha stage:

LOW IMPORTANCE:
:arrow: Adding sound in-match comments (well, I managed to do something more or less efficient in Blitz, so why not!) for the players names, teams, or when somebody scores.
:arrow: Adding a field in the database for stadium capacity and painting the game stadium according to the size.
:arrow: Ability to specify which lower teams depend on which parent ones, so second teams cannot promote if the first one is in the next upper division when leagues are fully implemented.

MEDIUM IMPORTANCE:
:arrow: Better compatibility with PNG24 so PNG graphics don't appear with sawtooth borders :)
:arrow: Ability to define complex league systems, as for the ones that have a preliminary group stage and then a knock-out playoff, for example.
:arrow: Ability to create groups (gironi for you, Italians ;)) inside divisions. It is OK to have four one-grouped divisions in England, but some countries have more than one group in second level already and there's no proper way to recreate this in YS.

HIGH IMPORTANCE:
:arrow: The essential spirit is of course maintaining the entertainment factor of the Sensi series, so some crucial aspects as look-and-feel should be kept. This would include overall graphical style (sprites, interface) as well as control (movement, pass, kick).
:arrow: The ability to expand the database ad infinitum is the feature I admire the most. I *love* games you can expand the database as much as you want and include the teams I want, with the players, logos, and kits. Keeping this feature would add extra points to the game, definitely.
:arrow: Adding tackles and the referee has been a feature asked for ages. Maybe it will take shorter to implement it now the game is being rewritten in C++ :)
:arrow: Maintaining the usual stuff: controlling the sound, size of the window, blah blah...
:arrow: Last stable version of YS crashed at random in some Windows systems. Hope this won't happen again in the new game :)

I have some more ideas for later development stages, but I'll wait for the first release and take a look at the code to see if I can do something on my own :)

*cheers* KEEP ON GOING, DEVELOPERS! *cheers*
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: New project

Post by Massimo32 »

stage7 wrote: Those are really good news :D OK, now some suggestions in my personal order of importance for a product in alpha stage:
Hi stage7,
thanks for your suggestions :)
stage7 wrote: :arrow: Better compatibility with PNG24 so PNG graphics don't appear with sawtooth borders :)
Could you detail this problem?
stage7 wrote: :arrow: Adding tackles and the referee has been a feature asked for ages. Maybe it will take shorter to implement it now the game is being rewritten in C++ :)
They will be implemented since the beginning ;)
stage7 wrote: I have some more ideas for later development stages, but I'll wait for the first release and take a look at the code to see if I can do something on my own :)
The code will be available in the SVN repository, then anybody can get it and recompile in its own machine (linux recommended here :))

Nice logo!!! :D
Clako
TV soccer watcher

Post by Clako »

Nice logo! :shock:
stage7
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by stage7 »

Massimo32 wrote:
stage7 wrote: :arrow: Better compatibility with PNG24 so PNG graphics don't appear with sawtooth borders :)
Could you detail this problem?
To better understand this issue, let's take an in-game screenshot at the screen of a team with a PNG24 logo:

Can you see the borders? Yeah, it looks like sawtooth. But let's look at the original image:

If your browser renders correctly PNG24, borders will appear smoothly. Strange, isn't it? So, BlitzBasic can manage PNG24, but it fails with pixels with alpha channel different of 0 or 255 :shock:

Thanks for your words on the logo :D
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Just tried to display the logo on the pitch.. it seems to work fine :)
Kanchelskis
FIFA President
FIFA President

Post by Kanchelskis »

Ehi! I'm the graphic!!! Logo is a my issue! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm joking, your logo is very nice! :wink:
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

stage7 wrote: Thanks for your words on the logo :D
Ok,it seems that everybody love this logo :)
Stage7, can we use it as the official logo for OWS?
stage7
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by stage7 »

Sure, yes! Thank you, that's such a great honour :oops: Hold on a minute, I will prepare a large version for you...

http://i14.tinypic.com/8bjj34h.png

It should be large enough as long as the vectorial version I have doesn't export well to other formats different from CDR, so if you have Corel Draw X3 then I can send you the source file, if not, here you have this large pic :D
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

stage7 wrote:Sure, yes! Thank you, that's such a great honour :oops: Hold on a minute, I will prepare a large version for you...

http://i14.tinypic.com/8bjj34h.png

It should be large enough as long as the vectorial version I have doesn't export well to other formats different from CDR, so if you have Corel Draw X3 then I can send you the source file, if not, here you have this large pic :D
Thank you very much!! :D

I add the small version in OWS forum immediately!!