Playing with a joypad

Brit, Irish, Canadian, Australian, US and all around the world board. Language: English
sid77
Someone..

Playing with a joypad

Post by sid77 »

Hi all, great game you got here. In my eyes SWOS is the best footie game ever, still is.

In the readme file it says there is support for Joypads but I can't get mine working. I have a PS2 pad using a USB convertor. When I got into controls in game I can only define keys? Do i have to use a dedicated PC pad plugged into the serial port?
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Playing with a joypad

Post by Massimo32 »

sid77 wrote: In the readme file it says there is support for Joypads but I can't get mine working. I have a PS2 pad using a USB convertor. When I got into controls in game I can only define keys? Do i have to use a dedicated PC pad plugged into the serial port?
Hi sid,
you must have a DirectX compatible digital joystick plugged in and properly configured within Windows for it to work. See also your joystick documentation for more information.

I use a digital joystick plugged in the joystick port of the audio card, but USB joypads should also work.

Ciao,
Massimo
Kanchelskis
FIFA President
FIFA President

Post by Kanchelskis »

A lot of games don't work with PSX and PS2 adapted joypads :(

Post by Guest »

thx for the reply.

This is, how do you actually change the setting from KeyB to Joypad in game?? I know it says there is support in the readme, however in the controls (ingame) I can't change it to anything other than keys?

You say it needs to be digital, my ps2 can be used as a digital and analogue via the press of a button. Can you define 'properly configured in windows'? I mean the pad works with every other game I have...?

Thx for the info so far ! :D
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote: This is, how do you actually change the setting from KeyB to Joypad in game??
The control device (KeyA, KeyB, joy1, joy2) is automatically selected when you press 'play match' in the menu of your team.

So if you press 'play match' using the joystick button then you'll use joystick to control that team.
Anonymous wrote: You say it needs to be digital, my ps2 can be used as a digital and analogue via the press of a button. Can you define 'properly configured in windows'? I mean the pad works with every other game I have...?
Check in Control Panel (section 'Game devices' or something like that) the joystick should appear and should work in the test.
Sad Nation

Post by Sad Nation »

I too have a USB playstation joypad and I can't seem to get the game to recognise it either. ANy chance of an update to make this possible or easier to set up?

Online would also be awesome!

Regards
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Sad Nation wrote:I too have a USB playstation joypad and I can't seem to get the game to recognise it either. ANy chance of an update to make this possible or easier to set up?
You can try the preview of the next version:

Beta 0.71 second preview

Post by Guest »

Tried that too but still no luck. Doh!

PLaying with keys at my age (41) is impossible and is likely to hasten the onset of arthritus! Please look at updating this part, everything else I can wait for...

Holds breath for answer...

Sad
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote:Tried that too but still no luck. Doh!
Does windows recognize your joypad?
Does it work with other games?

Post by Guest »

Hi

Window recognises it fine with all buttons and mini joysticks calibrated. It is a USB playstation controller converter with a playstation analogue controller plugged into the controller 1 slot.

It works with my games without any problems, eg San Andreas, Pro Evo 4 etc.

Hope this sheds some light.

Sad Nation
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote: Window recognises it fine with all buttons and mini joysticks calibrated. It is a USB playstation controller converter with a playstation analogue controller plugged into the controller 1 slot.

It works with my games without any problems, eg San Andreas, Pro Evo 4 etc.
That's good.

In Yoda Soccer, are you able to move inside menus (using the controller)?

Post by Guest »

Nope. Just tried it again with the analogue bit turned off to test it. No reaction to any of the buttons. Turned the analogue bit on and still no reaction. I also recalibrated in windows before all of this to make sure.

So no joy at all!

Sad Nation
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Here:

http://mio.discoremoto.virgilio.it/yodasoccer

you can download a test program: joycount.
See if it can detect any joystick (press 'N' to switch among joysticks).

Post by Guest »

I downloaded the test program and it detected the joypad in both controller one and two slots. It detected all buttons as well as the analogue sticks when turned on.

So my hardware is fine - probably just an incompatibilty between my joypad/adaptor combination and your program that we haven't worked out yet.

Any other ideas?

For your information the joypad adaptor was from www.play.com and you can find it here

http://www.play.com/play247.asppa=rts&p ... tle=114167

The joypad is an original playstation analogue version with rumble capability.

Post by Guest »