Playing with a joypad

Brit, Irish, Canadian, Australian, US and all around the world board. Language: English
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote:I downloaded the test program and it detected the joypad in both controller one and two slots. It detected all buttons as well as the analogue sticks when turned on.
The good news: if it works with the test program then it *should be possible* to make it work with the game: they use the same input functions.

The bad news: it's difficult to find the problem (without the hardware). I'll search for help in blitzmax forum...

Could you post a screenshot with the result of the test?

Post by Guest »

Hi again

Sure I can post a screenshot - just need to work out how!

Hmmm - according to the FAQ I need some kind of external webspace which I don't have. Give me your email addy and I will send it direct to you.

Alternatively I might be able to put it up on my msn space and you could tell me when you have seen it, then I can delete it.

Sad
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote: Hmmm - according to the FAQ I need some kind of external webspace which I don't have. Give me your email addy and I will send it direct to you.

Alternatively I might be able to put it up on my msn space and you could tell me when you have seen it, then I can delete it.

Sad
Ok for the latter.

Post by Guest »

Hi again

Its up on my msn space and the url is...

http://spaces.msn.com/members/DatzTown/

Hope this works and is of some use

Sad
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Ok, thanks!
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

The problem has been fixed and USB joypads should work in the new (0.71) beta! :D
bfjohsen

USB Joypad

Post by bfjohsen »

Hi

I still can not get my pad to work within YodaSoccer. How did you managed it? I have the convertor from Play.com too, but everytime I get into YodaSoccer, I can move the cursor around much? It wont let me move up? Any ideas? I was hoping if someone has got a pad working, they may be able to help me out?
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: USB Joypad

Post by Massimo32 »

bfjohsen wrote:Hi

I still can not get my pad to work within YodaSoccer. How did you managed it? I have the convertor from Play.com too, but everytime I get into YodaSoccer, I can move the cursor around much? It wont let me move up? Any ideas? I was hoping if someone has got a pad working, they may be able to help me out?
Hi.

Did you test the joystick in Control Panel?
bfjohnsen

Joypad

Post by bfjohnsen »

Yes - it appears to work fine. Not sure what else to do. The game just does not like the pad, its as though soemthing is continually pushing down and therefore I cant use it (I can select any options, etc)

THanks, any ideas would be greatly appreciated! As you might have guessed, I dont like playing with the keyboard!
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Joypad

Post by Massimo32 »

bfjohnsen wrote:Yes - it appears to work fine. Not sure what else to do. The game just does not like the pad, its as though soemthing is continually pushing down and therefore I cant use it (I can select any options, etc)

THanks, any ideas would be greatly appreciated! As you might have guessed, I dont like playing with the keyboard!
Here:

http://mio.discoremoto.virgilio.it/yodasoccer

you can download a test program: joycount.
bfjohnsen

Joypad

Post by bfjohnsen »

What am I looking for from this prgramme?
bfjohnsen

Joypads

Post by bfjohnsen »

I have just left it running for 30 minutes, but a yellow bar just keeps runnign across the screen? Is this good or bad? I am using a PLaystation One controller with the USB convertor (as the other person in this forum subject), not a Playstation 2. Could that make a difference?
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Joypads

Post by Massimo32 »

bfjohnsen wrote:I have just left it running for 30 minutes, but a yellow bar just keeps runnign across the screen? Is this good or bad?
The yellow bar says the program is running.
Nothing changes if you act the controller or push buttons?
bfjohnsen wrote: I am using a PLaystation One controller with the USB convertor (as the other person in this forum subject), not a Playstation 2. Could that make a difference?
I don't now.
bfjohnsen

JoyPad

Post by bfjohnsen »

Nothing happens when I press buttons, etc. The yellow bar just keeps going across the screen.