Yoda soccer 2 player arcade

Brit, Irish, Canadian, Australian, US and all around the world board. Language: English
nicholas wright
Someone..

Yoda soccer 2 player arcade

Post by nicholas wright »

Hello I'm completely new to Yoda soccer, but i think you are all doing an amazing job of making a solid little game, in the mould of swos. I only found out about Yoda soccer, when researching for a new project I'm planning, I'm an artist and It's been suggested that for an upcoming show we create an arcade machine, for a specific, football themed show. I wanted to use yoda soccer as the base to build the custom elements of the football game being used, its going to be two player, and basically have a custom arcade cab created for it themed around (we don't really have a clear picture yet but we are based in England so it will be based mostly around English teams. Either way I wondered if this would be interesting to the community, I'm not a programmer/coder of any variety, I've mostly been simply hacking graphics/patches in the game to see what breaks it so far! My only problem is we were planning on using two competition pro retro joysticks for the players and, for some reason on my version when i try to go across to the right on the menu (to play a game) it wont let me. I can force it to happen if i keep the mouse pointer up and kind of push the joystick to the right while hovering over the friendly or customs modes but, the idea is to let people play using just the joysticks, anyway it no problem if you don't want me to sue use Yoda, ill find something else, but i just thought it would be really cool to get a really high quality open source project, into a cab like that and yoda soccer seems to be shaping up to be a good little arcade game.

anyway get back to me and shout what you think. im using the lastest release on win xp with a quickshot pro usb if that helps at all.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Yoda soccer 2 player arcade

Post by Massimo32 »

nicholas wright wrote:Hello I'm completely new to Yoda soccer, but i think you are all doing an amazing job of making a solid little game, in the mould of swos.
Hi nicholas and welcome to this forum
nicholas wright wrote: I only found out about Yoda soccer, when researching for a new project I'm planning, I'm an artist and It's been suggested that for an upcoming show we create an arcade machine, for a specific, football themed show. I wanted to use yoda soccer as the base to build the custom elements of the football game being used, its going to be two player, and basically have a custom arcade cab created for it themed around (we don't really have a clear picture yet but we are based in England so it will be based mostly around English teams. Either way I wondered if this would be interesting to the community, I'm not a programmer/coder of any variety, I've mostly been simply hacking graphics/patches in the game to see what breaks it so far!
Nice idea :)
nicholas wright wrote: My only problem is we were planning on using two competition pro retro joysticks for the players and, for some reason on my version when i try to go across to the right on the menu (to play a game) it wont let me. I can force it to happen if i keep the mouse pointer up and kind of push the joystick to the right while hovering over the friendly or customs modes but, the idea is to let people play using just the joysticks, anyway it no problem if you don't want me to sue use Yoda, ill find something else, but i just thought it would be really cool to get a really high quality open source project, into a cab like that and yoda soccer seems to be shaping up to be a good little arcade game.

anyway get back to me and shout what you think. im using the lastest release on win xp with a quickshot pro usb if that helps at all.
Are these joysticks digital or analog? In the latter case, did you calibrate them? Do they work fine with other games?
nicholas wright
Someone..

Hi its Nicholas again I have not calibrated either of the joysticks but i think it may well be a problem with them as I have been having problems with the quick shots on other games it may well be my fault
(I'm going to try them on a whole new computer later today.)

I can now say I have actually been offered the commission by the gallery for the football exhibition to make the arcade machine based around sensible soccer here is my original concept drawing for the arcade machine.

as soon as I have tested the game on another computer with the same joysticks i'll get back to you on whether its just this computer (the one I'm typing on now or some other weird fault)

have a look at the idea and see if the Yoda community are happy with this an a collaboration, if you can get version 2 past beta for may next year then the Yoda team can use the cab arcade being in the show as some sort of launch for version 2.

Either way get back to me, I'm extremely interested in working with you guys to get this too happen.

for a look at some of the artworks I've made in the past (just too show i'm a real person)

www.nicholaswright.net

www.wrongpong.com
Attachments
trentendcab.jpg
trentendcab.jpg (184.76 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
nicholas wright
Someone..

ok soooo after some more intensive testing its my fault! the game works perfectly with two joysticks just as long as I don't have my silly external sound card (which is running on usb) working at the same time.

just for the record its Hercules dj console usb card (which are useless to be honest) I think i might have even worked out what the problem is with the sound card as it has this silly little joystick attached for no reason I have ever found which must be interfering with the usb ports in some way.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

nicholas wright wrote: have a look at the idea and see if the Yoda community are happy with this an a collaboration, if you can get version 2 past beta for may next year then the Yoda team can use the cab arcade being in the show as some sort of launch for version 2.
I hope the next beta version 0.78 to be ready within a couple of months.