Yoda Soccer Project

Brit, Irish, Canadian, Australian, US and all around the world board. Language: English
Ardour
Someone..

Yoda Soccer Project

Post by Ardour »

Hey all, my name is joe and i think what your doing is awesome.
The only bug ive found in the current beta is when i went to play a freindly match and i had selected my teams, it wouldnt let me use the mouse to click the "Play Game" button. Apart from that the game is very well put together and runs without any other problems or glitch's.

In the final product of the yoda project I would like to see a carear mode option that goes on forever.

Keep up the very good work!
Kanchelskis
FIFA President
FIFA President

Post by Kanchelskis »

Hi ardour, thank you for trying Yoda ;)

The bug you've noticed isn't properly a... bug. In fact you must click on "Play the game" with the fire (shot) button of your game/joypad or keyboard (ctrl is the standard one). This to recognize which control you want to use in the match: I don't like this way, but it's Swos style. Maybe we'll change it.

For the career, is on the bottom of the "to do list". We don't expect to release the first definitive version of Yoda Soccer (1.0) with career, by now we must focus our attention on the match and competitions. However in other definitive versions it will be inserted.

Hoping you enjoyed the beta and that you'll enjoy the next one and staying here with us.
snader
Someone..

Post by snader »

Agree with that. First thing to do is create a proper game with gameplay. What's a career worth if you can't properly play the game like it should?

Keep up the good work.
Kanchelskis
FIFA President
FIFA President

Post by Kanchelskis »

snader wrote:Agree with that. First thing to do is create a proper game with gameplay. What's a career worth if you can't properly play the game like it should?

Keep up the good work.
Thanks mate! And welcome! :D

However I think that Ardour suggested to add career after a definitive version of match ;)
Paladin13
Someone..

Post by Paladin13 »

Congrats on this wonderful work!!!
I really cant wait on seeing the actual final version!!!
Sensible Soccer will always be here!
:D
mark bottrill
Someone..

Post by mark bottrill »

hello yoda soccer project. this is the first time i have been on this site and i am thrilled by the work you are doing. i am a great fan of swos & have been for many years so well done to you for recognising what agreat game it is! can you tell me if you have a projected completion date & what is the best way an ordinary swos player like me can help. well done again & thank you. m.b.
Kanchelskis
FIFA President
FIFA President

Post by Kanchelskis »

mark bottrill wrote:hello yoda soccer project.
Hi
mark bottrill wrote: this is the first time i have been on this site and i am thrilled by the work you are doing. i am a great fan of swos & have been for many years so well done to you for recognising what agreat game it is!
Welcome and thank you
mark bottrill wrote: can you tell me if you have a projected completion date & what is the best way an ordinary swos player like me can help.
YS is a open source project, so everyone can edit the code and try to create the game. However, due it's not an easy thing to do, you can also edit database (there's an internal editor or you can use the simple Window's notepad), graphics, etc.
Or, last but not least, test the betas and tell us bugs, impressions and, most of all, suggestions.
mark bottrill wrote: well done again & thank you. m.b.
Again, to you.