Problem compiling the source (and extra stuff)

Brit, Irish, Canadian, Australian, US and all around the world board. Language: English
stage7
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Problem compiling the source (and extra stuff)

Post by stage7 »

Hi, all!

First of all, many thanks to the developers for such a remake. Keep up the good work ;)

Second, I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this :)

I was trying to modify the source to change divisional names (i.e., instead of "PREMIER DIVISION", show "DIVISION 1", then "DIVISION 2" etc.) and when I try to compile main.bmx I get the following pop-up:

And obviously, nothing compiles. It seems that match.bmx is not the only file that has such identifiers unfound (for example, t_player in menu.bmx). Am I missing something, assuming that the source I downloaded is OK? Technical info, I am running Windows XP, BlitzMax demo 1.12.

Now, the extra stuff. I managed to "include" a new "country" and "confederation" for me and a friend - Hattrick. Hattrick is an online manager simulator we both of us play, and thought that we could add our teams to Yoda (teams are not real, each user has its own).

The best result I got was adding a country called "Hattrick Club" to UEFA, with the Spanish flag, and a confederation called "Hattrick" under National Teams. Reading the code I found that it didn't mind what I tried to do when "hacking" the data base, it was impossible to add the "Hattrick" confederation under Club Teams - because it was not implemented. Could it be possible to modify the source a little bit in order to "create" confederations as National Teams allow?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greetings.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Problem compiling the source (and extra stuff)

Post by Massimo32 »

stage7 wrote: BlitzMax demo 1.12.
The source code of 0.71 has been made using Blitzmax 1.10.
It need to be modified to work with 1.12. I can't help further because I'm still working with 1.10.
stage7 wrote: Now, the extra stuff. I managed to "include" a new "country" and "confederation" for me and a friend - Hattrick. Hattrick is an online manager simulator we both of us play, and thought that we could add our teams to Yoda (teams are not real, each user has its own).

The best result I got was adding a country called "Hattrick Club" to UEFA, with the Spanish flag, and a confederation called "Hattrick" under National Teams. Reading the code I found that it didn't mind what I tried to do when "hacking" the data base, it was impossible to add the "Hattrick" confederation under Club Teams - because it was not implemented. Could it be possible to modify the source a little bit in order to "create" confederations as National Teams allow?
I see the problem, I'll think about that.
stage7
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by stage7 »

Thanks for replying, now using BlitzMax demo 1.10, but get this error in match.bmx:

First time appearing at line 1019. Obviously, it stops compiling. What's wrong with this? :(
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

stage7 wrote:Thanks for replying, now using BlitzMax demo 1.10, but get this error in match.bmx:
Are you compiling main.bmx?
stage7
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by stage7 »

Massimo32 wrote:
stage7 wrote:Thanks for replying, now using BlitzMax demo 1.10, but get this error in match.bmx:
Are you compiling main.bmx?
Oh, never mind, the problem was this:

When trying to compile with BlitzMax 1.12 I got some errors that led me to erase part of the code. Then when I changed to BM 1.10 I was carrying these erasings with the code, so it couldn't compile well. Now this error was fixed, the program is stable and here is the proof :)

Which is in fact the denomination of the divisions inside Hattrick (well, they're actually I, II, III, IV and so on, but this is a start...).

Thanks for your help ;)