little improvement in AI

Brit, Irish, Canadian, Australian, US and all around the world board. Language: English
carcassrulez
Someone..

little improvement in AI

Post by carcassrulez »

well, 1st of all let me congratulate u for the fantastic work u made so far, Massimo Modica, Daniele Giannarini and Marco Modica!!!!

one thing that bugged me in this version is seeing AI teams play against each other, ie they seem to follow the center line for all of their attack... in:

Code: Select all

Select ball.poss
		'attack
		Case 1-2*t
			p[t].x0		=	-Sgn(F2Int(ball.x/(post_x + post_r + ball_r))) 
			p[t].y0		=	team_side * (1-2*t)
I know it's not good or even true AI but a bit of randomness like in:

Code: Select all

p[t].x0		=	-Sgn(F2Int(ball.x/(post_x + post_r + ball_r))) Or Rand(player[t,near1[t]].x)
does a bit of a trick to not tire me seeing those guys allways in the middle :lol: :lol:

serious now... i'm diggin the source code a lot, and if I have the time I would like to help if I can... and an idea just for fun... why not a mod for hattrick, ie, a parser to read the online xml's and YODA SOCCER to view the match :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

congrats, keep it going!!!!!

carcass
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: little improvement in AI

Post by Massimo32 »

carcassrulez wrote:well, 1st of all let me congratulate u...[/code]
carcassrulez wrote: one thing that bugged me in this version is ...
The AI is very very simple at present, it will be completely rewritten....
carcassrulez wrote: and an idea just for fun... why not a mod for hattrick, ie, a parser to read the online xml's and YODA SOCCER to view the match :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well, if somebody want to code that... why not?
carcassrulez
Someone..

Post by carcassrulez »

following the line of thought for my last post, I've begun to code the YODA HATTRICK VIEWER.

At the present time, I'm waiting for CHPP auth., from Hattrick.

- It will use your name (YODA), so credits will be given to all
- there will not be any player controlled code, just AI and scripted one, accordingly to match view.
- I will have the need of developing a referee... so, I guess I can contribute as well to YODA SOCCER :D
- looking forward to begin this project
- at present I'm the only coder for this, but co-coders are accepted

Please, let me say thank you again for all your hard work and thank you for making it GNU

I intend that YODA HATTRICK VIEWER could be some sort of younger brother of your main soft!!!

please comment!

thank you
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Good luck! :D