YSoccer

Un forum... indispensabileeee!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 am

All times are UTC+03:00

Post subject: This game has potential!
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:15 pm 
Someone..

I played this game for a while and i have to say that this game has a lot of potential!
Thank you for your great effort!

Now the points i miss:
- Sometimes the AI act a bit weird. There were also situations where the ball was blocked by players/goalkeeper and i had to cancel the game because it didn't stop by the referee after 45mins
- HiDPI-Support in window-mode (double the Pixels will do the job for the beginning)
- Career Mode with a lot of statistics (please!)
- Ball-passing (I don't know how or if it's just not implemented but setting it to the second button of the controller would improve the gameplay a lot)

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 pm 
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

devaux wrote:
I played this game for a while and i have to say that this game has a lot of potential!
Thank you for your great effort!

Hi devaux, welcome and thanks for your compliments.

devaux wrote:
Now the points i miss:
- Sometimes the AI act a bit weird. There were also situations where the ball was blocked by players/goalkeeper and i had to cancel the game because it didn't stop by the referee after 45mins

AI will be reworked and improved in the next version.

devaux wrote:
- HiDPI-Support in window-mode (double the Pixels will do the job for the beginning)

In window mode it's possibile to stretch the window to any size.

devaux wrote:
- Career Mode with a lot of statistics (please!)

At present, career mode is not planned. It requires a lot of work and we have limited time, sorry. However, we may implement a season mode.

devaux wrote:
- Ball-passing (I don't know how or if it's just not implemented but setting it to the second button of the controller would improve the gameplay a lot)

Ball passing is done by short pressing the first button. We'll try to improve it in the next version.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 am 
Someone..

Ciao Massimo
Massimo32 wrote:
In window mode it's possibile to stretch the window to any size.
Oh, this i didn't try. Thank you :lol:

Massimo32 wrote:
At present, career mode is not planned. It requires a lot of work and we have limited time, sorry. However, we may implement a season mode.
Yes, i know :-/
This is the main feature why SWoS always gives me the motivation to play again. To start with a small team and make it famous...
But yes, I know (even as a non-programmer) that it would be a lot of work to implement. Maybe starting with a small transfer market where you can buy and sell players in the (infinite) season mode...?
There are even some OpenSource-Football-Managers like Bygfoot (http://www.bygfoot.com/). Maybe you can get any ideas out of it...

Massimo32 wrote:
Ball passing is done by short pressing the first button. We'll try to improve it in the next version.
Thank you for your answers :)
I tried to pass with a short click, but it doesn't look like the ball is played to my teammate's feet as i know it from SWoS. Maybe i just need some further training. I will definitely try again :)

p.s. the import-function for the SWoS-teams is great! But i notices, that it won't work for the unofficial database 16/17 from http://www.sensiblesoccer.de. With the 96/97 data it worked flawlessly.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am 
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

devaux wrote:
p.s. the import-function for the SWoS-teams is great! But i notices, that it won't work for the unofficial database 16/17 from http://www.sensiblesoccer.de. With the 96/97 data it worked flawlessly.

That's strange, does it fail partially or completely?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:53 pm 
Someone..

Massimo32 wrote:
That's strange, does it fail partially or completely?

The game just crashes. I can post you the output when i am at home again. I took the team-files from the adf-image of SWoS 16/17.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:11 pm 
Someone..

I got this Output:

Code:
$ ./ysoccer 
Loading JVM runtime library ...
Passing VM options ...
  # -Xmx1G
Creating Java VM ...
Passing command line arguments ...
Loading JAR file ...
Invoking static com.ygames.ysoccer.desktop.DesktopLauncher.main() function ...
Controllers: added manager for application, 1 managers active
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 52
        at com.ygames.ysoccer.screens.ImportTeams.importTeam(ImportTeams.java:429)
        at com.ygames.ysoccer.screens.ImportTeams.importFile(ImportTeams.java:370)
        at com.ygames.ysoccer.screens.ImportTeams.render(ImportTeams.java:162)
        at com.ygames.ysoccer.framework.GLGame.render(GLGame.java:127)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:223)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:124)
Destroyed Java VM ...

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 am 
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

devaux wrote:
The game just crashes. I can post you the output when i am at home again. I took the team-files from the adf-image of SWoS 16/17.

Can you try with team files from the PC version? The import tool has been tested on those files.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:54 pm 
Someone..

Massimo32 wrote:
Can you try with team files from the PC version? The import tool has been tested on those files.

Great! It works with the DOS-files. Thank you :)