Offer coding help

Only for the brave!
Jesper
Someone..

Offer coding help

Post by Jesper »

Hi yoda-people,

You have developed an excellent yet simple game that I really enjoy playing.

Is there still ongoing development? Posts seem a bit old.

Anyways if you need someone to code i would like to help. I am a computer scientist with experience with python, java and others.

Feel free to email me if you would like assistance.

Jesper
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Offer coding help

Post by Massimo32 »

Jesper wrote:Hi yoda-people,

Anyways if you need someone to code i would like to help. I am a computer scientist with experience with python, java and others.
Hi Jesper,
yes the game is still under active development. You can get the latest source code from the SVN repository.

Regarding your offer, thanks but at present we're not searching for help :)

Massimo
youngireland
Someone..

Post by youngireland »

Massimo32 wrote:
Jesper wrote:Hi yoda-people,

Hi Jesper,
yes the game is still under active development. You can get the latest source code from the SVN repository.

Regarding your offer, thanks but at present we're not searching for help :)

Massimo
Hi Massimo,

I wonder if you are looking for help with YSoccer at the moment, because I would be more than happy to help with its development. I have experience with Java and am just starting to get used to BlitzMax. At the moment, I am working on Global Soccer Simulator, and I have a few ideas that I would like to transfer from that project over to this one.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

youngireland wrote: Hi Massimo,

I wonder if you are looking for help with YSoccer at the moment, because I would be more than happy to help with its development. I have experience with Java and am just starting to get used to BlitzMax. At the moment, I am working on Global Soccer Simulator, and I have a few ideas that I would like to transfer from that project over to this one.
Hi youngireland,
it's probably not a good idea to work with BlitzMax anymore. It has been very useful for the development of YSoccer, but it's no longer being developed nor maintained.

For the development of YSoccer Demo for Android I've used libgdx.
Like BlitzMax, libgdx allows to create games for multiple platforms, with the same source code, and I would like to use it for the next versions of YSoccer for desktop.

For this reason, if you want to help with the development of YSoccer, it's probably better to do that after the porting to Java + libgdx.
youngireland
Someone..

Post by youngireland »

Massimo32 wrote:
youngireland wrote: Hi Massimo,

Hi youngireland,
it's probably not a good idea to work with BlitzMax anymore. It has been very useful for the development of YSoccer, but it's no longer being developed nor maintained.

For the development of YSoccer Demo for Android I've used libgdx.
Like BlitzMax, libgdx allows to create games for multiple platforms, with the same source code, and I would like to use it for the next versions of YSoccer for desktop.

For this reason, if you want to help with the development of YSoccer, it's probably better to do that after the porting to Java + libgdx.
Great. The fact that you are using Java from now on makes me even more eager to help. When will it be ported to Java by any chance?
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

youngireland wrote: Great. The fact that you are using Java from now on makes me even more eager to help. When will it be ported to Java by any chance?
I would be happy to complete the port and release the new version within may 2016.
youngireland
Someone..

Post by youngireland »

Massimo32 wrote:
youngireland wrote: Great. The fact that you are using Java from now on makes me even more eager to help. When will it be ported to Java by any chance?
I would be happy to complete the port and release the new version within may 2016.
OK, I'm looking forward to it. If you want help with the port, I'd be happy to chip in.