Soccer fan

Post by OckHAM »

Any changes to the gameplay?
[b]OckHAM[/b]
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

OckHAM wrote:Any changes to the gameplay?
No, not in this release. But many changes are under development in the 0.74.
changwufei
Someone..

Great!

Post by changwufei »

Thanks for getting a new release out for us, the graphics is awesome. I can safely say that, it now runs on linux, and doesnt have 1,000,000 players on the pitch, and the pass buttons work, yay. But it does run dog slow (maybe the speed will come when you optimise the textures for opengl) I just have a few points about the gameplay which i hope you will incorporate into .74

1. The passing is too accurate, it would be better if it were more like SWOS where you pass it in the direction you want, then you have to accept the pass your self, instead of the computer doing it all for you.

2. I guess you cant header or slide tackle yet, or is it just me?

Maybe you could give the option for frameskips or something?

Looking forward to the next release, keep up the good work.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Great!

Post by Massimo32 »

changwufei wrote:Thanks for getting a new release out for us, the graphics is awesome. I can safely say that, it now runs on linux, and doesnt have 1,000,000 players on the pitch, and the pass buttons work, yay.
Good.
changwufei wrote:But it does run dog slow (maybe the speed will come when you optimise the textures for opengl)
I started to optimise the textures, but it's quite a tedious work, I hope they'll be ready for the beta 0.74.
changwufei wrote: 1. The passing is too accurate, it would be better if it were more like SWOS where you pass it in the direction you want, then you have to accept the pass your self, instead of the computer doing it all for you.
Ok.
changwufei wrote: 2. I guess you cant header or slide tackle yet, or is it just me?
Headers and tackles are in the 0.74.
changwufei wrote: Maybe you could give the option for frameskips or something?
I can't see an easy way to make yoda run better in older PCs.
So at present we cannot work on that, because our resources are limited (only two people working on spare time).

Probably the best solution for people who have old PC is to upgrade the graphics card, after all they are very cheap:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/fx5200_W0QQfkr ... 9QQfromZR8
changwufei
Someone..

Post by changwufei »

Thanks for the replies. I'm using a laptop, so im stuck with this graphics card im afraid, but i will be getting a desktop in the next few months :)