Just a note of Appreciation

Only for the brave!
higgipoker
Someone..

Just a note of Appreciation

Post by higgipoker »

Hi guys, I came across Yoda Soccer about a year ago and it seemed development was totally dead. After noticing a bit of activity lately, I'd like to give a shout out.

I have also been making a Sensi clone, just for fun and as a learning experience in my free time, and I have been using the graphics from Yoda to get me started. Of course, I will make my own graphics in the future, but I wanna say thanks guys for making them available, they really inspired me to start coding!

Anyway, this is just something I'm doing for myself in my free time so I'm not trying to steal any of your attention or anything like that, just wanted to show appreciation for your work!

I'm keeping a blog of my progress here if you're interested:

http://www.digital-minds-blog.blogspot.com

Cheers and keep up the good work!
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Just a note of Appreciation

Post by Massimo32 »

higgipoker wrote:Hi guys, I came across Yoda Soccer about a year ago and it seemed development was totally dead. After noticing a bit of activity lately, I'd like to give a shout out.
Hi higgipoker and welcome to the forum.
higgipoker wrote: I have also been making a Sensi clone, just for fun and as a learning experience in my free time, and I have been using the graphics from Yoda to get me started. Of course, I will make my own graphics in the future, but I wanna say thanks guys for making them available, they really inspired me to start coding!
I'm happy of Yoda Soccer being a source of inspiration!
higgipoker wrote: Anyway, this is just something I'm doing for myself in my free time so I'm not trying to steal any of your attention or anything like that, just wanted to show appreciation for your work!

I'm keeping a blog of my progress here if you're interested:

http://www.digital-minds-blog.blogspot.com
It seems you've already made a lot of progress, nice!
higgipoker wrote: Cheers and keep up the good work!
Thank you very much! :)
higgipoker
Someone..

Post by higgipoker »

Hey guys. I've started a little side project for keeping game data up to date. It works with PC and Amiga and I'll also add a Yoda exporter if people are interested.

Right now you can only browse the data, but in future you can edit, import other people's data, merge data and export data for use in the game.

So the idea would be that maybe someone is well known for good Italy data, a different guy is good at England data... you can import data from these users and merge into your own data set.

This is another hobby project so I don't know how fast it will progress, but I think it has potential!

Check it out at http://www.higgis.at/senseless

Username/password: "guest" (there are 2 sample data sets to chose from in the My Data tab)
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

higgipoker wrote:Hey guys. I've started a little side project for keeping game data up to date. It works with PC and Amiga and I'll also add a Yoda exporter if people are interested.

Right now you can only browse the data, but in future you can edit, import other people's data, merge data and export data for use in the game.

So the idea would be that maybe someone is well known for good Italy data, a different guy is good at England data... you can import data from these users and merge into your own data set.

This is another hobby project so I don't know how fast it will progress, but I think it has potential!

Username/password: "guest" (there are 2 sample data sets to chose from in the My Data tab)
Well done higgipoker, a cooperative tool is a very nice idea.
Beware that the upcoming release of Yoda Soccer will be the last to use the current data format.
higgipoker
Someone..

Post by higgipoker »

Massimo32 wrote:
higgipoker wrote:Hey guys. I've started a little side project for keeping game data up to date. It works with PC and Amiga and I'll also add a Yoda exporter if people are interested.

Well done higgipoker, a cooperative tool is a very nice idea.
Beware that the upcoming release of Yoda Soccer will be the last to use the current data format.
That's cool, shouldn't bee too difficult to add an export function for any type of file format.