My attempt to add tackling and head shot

Only for the brave!
dilando
TV soccer watcher

My attempt to add tackling and head shot

Post by dilando »

I never understood why a clone so elaborate and they never implemented the tackle, head shots, punishment. I made ​​an attempt to add them: it works but of course is not perfect ;I do not know BlitzMax and there are not much explanatory remarks in the source code (for example I have not figured out how to change the frame of the player ). To try it copy main.exe in the folder of the game (last version). Bye
Attachments
main.part3.rar
(154.03 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
main.part2.rar
(250 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
main.part1.rar
main
(250 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: My attempt to add tackling and head shot

Post by Massimo32 »

dilando wrote:I never understood why a clone so elaborate and they never implemented the tackle, head shots, punishment. I made ​​an attempt to add them: it works but of course is not perfect ;I do not know BlitzMax and there are not much explanatory remarks in the source code (for example I have not figured out how to change the frame of the player ). To try it copy main.exe in the folder of the game (last version). Bye
Hi dilando,
first of all welcome to the forum and thanks for your effort to improve the game.

Of course we're aware of the importance of the missing features, but it proved too difficult to add them because the related code is convoluted and hard to change.

For this reason it's going to be completely replaced. The new code will be based on that of our C++ project, Open World Soccer.

Ciao,
Massimo
dilando
TV soccer watcher

Post by dilando »

Rispondo in italiano che è più facile: mi scuso tantissimo perché forse il mio post è apparso come una critica nei vostri confronti, che invece avete scritto un programma fantastico e gratuitamente e non avete bisogno di nessuna giustificazione. Il mio era solo uno sfogo per dire "ma come ad una passo dalla perfezione; hanno fatto addirittura la nebbia e non fanno ne saltare ne scivolare sti omini (che è la cosa più divertente secondo me) e non esistono falli ne punizioni peccato". Ho allora provato a vedere di aggiungere qualche cosa ma con scarsi risultati: confermo che è proprio difficile mettere le mani nel codice.
Forse anche perché capisco poco di programmazione ad oggetti e Blitzmax per me è troppo ostico. Continuerò comunque a spulciare il vostro codice, magari imparando qualche cosa e seguirò sicuramente il vostro nuovo progetto (ma il C++ per me è irraggiungibile).
Mi scuso ancora e porgo distinti saluti.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Beh sei stato molto "diretto", ma stai tranquillo non ti devi scusare, il tuo sentimento è comprensibile e, ti assicuro, condiviso :)