Yoda on OSX

Insert here your troubles, infos and request about YSoccer's technical questions.
Vargol

Yoda on OSX

Post by Vargol »

I've tried building this on OSX . It compiles and runs however there's no game. Is this version of the source supposed to work on OSX ?
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Yoda on OSX

Post by Massimo32 »

Vargol wrote:Is this version of the source supposed to work on OSX ?
It's non fully tested on OSX but it should work, probably with little "cross platform" tweaking.
Tommi

Very interested in OSX version.....

Post by Tommi »

What is the status?
A che punto siamo?
Posso essere d'aiuto?

Grazie!
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Very interested in OSX version.....

Post by Massimo32 »

Tommi wrote:What is the status?
A che punto siamo?
The new beta is almost ready.
Tommi wrote: Posso essere d'aiuto?
Yes, you can help by testing the 2nd preview.
Tommi

intendevo per la versione osx......

Post by Tommi »

.....non ci sono molti giochi di calcio su mac......
bombardier
Someone..

Post by bombardier »

Hi.

I am using Mac OS X 10.4.2 - I have no experience of Blitz.

Is there a standalone version of Yoda Soccer that I can play?

Thanks.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

bombardier wrote: I am using Mac OS X 10.4.2 - I have no experience of Blitz.
You don't need blitz unless you want to help with the development.
bombardier wrote: Is there a standalone version of Yoda Soccer that I can play?
The new beta 0.71 will be available for OSX as a stand alone package, it will be ready very soon.
bombardier
Someone..

Post by bombardier »

Great, thanks - I'm so excited!
Luda

Post by Luda »

I downloaded the OSX version today and went to play it.
Couple of problems:
• I'm trying to edit players and their nationality, but I can only click on the three letter abbreviation for their nationality and even then it seems to just pick a random country.

• The game will load OK, but the players simply don't move under my control, they just move uip and down the pith in a straight line.

Please help.
Cheers.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Hi Luda,
please detail your hardware configuration.
Luda

Post by Luda »

Power G5, Mac OSX Tiger etc - top of the range processor etc.

Also, I edited some of the menu.jpg files and they seemed to work fine in the menu set-up screens, but then the game failed to open at all after I inserted about 5 edited menu screens.

Cheers for any help.
Apprecited.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Luda wrote:Power G5, Mac OSX Tiger etc - top of the range processor etc.
Thanks, your info will be useful.

At present I have only one machine for testing, a Mac Mini 1,25 GHz, 512MB, OSX Tiger. The game works on this machine, it's slow but it works.
Luda wrote: Also, I edited some of the menu.jpg files and they seemed to work fine in the menu set-up screens, but then the game failed to open at all after I inserted about 5 edited menu screens.
Please check if the new files have exactly the same name.
Steve
Someone..

Post by Steve »

Hey.

I downloaded 0.71 today - the first time i've heard of this project. I was MORE than pleased to see it was available for Mac OS X too. I only use Mac's so that's great news.

I'm running it on the following system:-

PowerMac G5 (Rev.A)
Dual 2GHz
1.5Gb RAM
Radeon 9600 Pro (64Mb)

It's connected to a 20" Apple Cinema Display, and the game, as I expected runs flawlessly for me. I raised the in-game resolution to 1024*768 too, and it's running very nice. I'd be interested to 'test' the game for the team, on the Mac platform, if you want me to. I also have an older (Rev. A) PowerBook 12" - 867MHz/640Mb RAM machine, the game wasn't playable on this machine.

Controls?

I have to admit, when I first booted the title, I went straight into the game and was confused. I couldn't control players, and it was a bit of a mess. I went back to 'controls' from the main menu and did a little tinkering. I shifted "Player two's", controls to the numpad. Then I setup player one using the arrow keys and using Z & X as action buttons. After doing this, everything works as it should. Try that, and I imagine it'll work good for you. :)

Audio?

Ok, so I am not sure if this is Mac related, or simply apart of the coding process. The only audio I experience in game is referee's whistles and the sound of the ball being kicked. There was no commentary, there was no chanting or celebrations to be heard. I am not complaining at all, only try to help you guys to know how it is, on a Mac.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Steve wrote: I downloaded 0.71 today...
Hi Steve,
thanks for your info, they're very important to us :)
Steve wrote: Controls?
May be default controls are not the best... that's why they're configurable! ;)
Steve wrote: Audio?
At present the audio is as poor as in your description... but this will change soon.
SPW
TV soccer watcher

Post by SPW »

I thought maybe this thread is convenient for my question as I'm using Yoda in Mac OS X on an iMac G5 20inch. If I play in full screen mode all my windows will be resized and moved once I quit Yoda (as the resolution of the screen is adapted). That's quite annoying as every time I play I'll have to resize and move my windows manually.

But anyway I prefer windowed-mode as I will see if any messages like e-mails or IM-msgs that arrive. On a Mac the available resolutions are not very convenient. Everything below 1280*1024 is too small, but 1024 in height is too much as the only usable resolution on a 20inch is 1680*1050, but with menu bar and dock this does not fit (as 1024+2 menu bars -even if dock is hided- is more than 1050). Would it be possible to have something like 1600*900 in windowed mode? That would be eccelent. (1680*1050 would also be cool for full screen mode, so nothing would need to be resized as it's the native resolution)