Players speed in 0.74

Insert here your troubles, infos and request about YSoccer's technical questions.
mxt
Someone..

Players speed in 0.74

Post by mxt »

In 0.74 it seems that all player have the same speed. To be sure I created the slowest team and the fastest team and the speed difference (if ever) when I use them or play against them is not noticeable.

I seem to remember that previous version did show a difference in running speed. Am I wrong?
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Players speed in 0.74

Post by Massimo32 »

mxt wrote:In 0.74 it seems that all player have the same speed. To be sure I created the slowest team and the fastest team and the speed difference (if ever) when I use them or play against them is not noticeable.

I seem to remember that previous version did show a difference in running speed. Am I wrong?
This problem is very old (probably since the 0.70), I don't even remember the reason for it. And because of the mess in the code I never fixed it.

During the last few months I made some new development and a lot of code cleaning.

In the next-to-be-released 0.75, the speed will be different for each player (and also slightly slower) and the difference will be noticeable :)
mxt
Someone..

Post by mxt »

Thanks! You just made my day..
Overall 0.75 has a quite different gameplay with respect to 0.74, I like a lot the new version!

As a further request, now that speeds are slower there is a lot of dead time after goals and so. Would it be possible to use full-speed for players positioning on the field? (It would be also nice to be able to skip immediately the information screens during the match)

However, thanks again for the great work!
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

mxt wrote:Thanks! You just made my day..
Overall 0.75 has a quite different gameplay with respect to 0.74, I like a lot the new version!
Yes, many little things are slightly different (e.g. gravity and ball speed)
mxt wrote: As a further request, now that speeds are slower there is a lot of dead time after goals and so. Would it be possible to use full-speed for players positioning on the field? (It would be also nice to be able to skip immediately the information screens during the match)
However, thanks again for the great work!
Thanks for your suggestions and for the feedback! :)