Can't play match on debian

Insert here your troubles, infos and request about YSoccer's technical questions.
changwufei
Someone..

Can't play match on debian

Post by changwufei »

Hi, im running debian unstable and when i start a match on .72 or .71 it quits back the to console with the error "Illegal instruction".

I have 3d drivers installed, I can play games like quake 3 without a problem.

If you need anymore info from me, please let me know, im dying to play this game, ive been a fan of sensi for over 10 years!!!
changwufei
Someone..

Post by changwufei »

Ok, ive done some more research. Ive tried running it on windows, if i choose the opengl option, it runs very slow and has millions of players on the pitch, like many others have reported. if i run it in directx it runs very smoothly without a glitch.

Im running it on my laptop which has a built-it intel i810 chipset. I think this is the problem with the linux version and the millions of men showing, something to do with the opengl part of things.

I hope this helps you fix the problem, if you have a CVS repos with the fix in, let me know and i can give it a try for you :)
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

changwufei wrote: Im running it on my laptop which has a built-it intel i810 chipset. I think this is the problem with the linux version and the millions of men showing, something to do with the opengl part of things.
Actually some images in yoda soccer aren't 'optimized' for opengl.
There's a waste of video memory, may be this can explain the problems with laptops which have less video memory (or shared video memory) and older cards.
changwufei wrote: I hope this helps you fix the problem, if you have a CVS repos with the fix in, let me know and i can give it a try for you :)
We'll try to optimize some (the biggest) images in the next version.

Actually we don't have a CVS repos, but I'm planning to use the SVN repos of sourceforge in the near future.

Ciao. :)
changwufei
Someone..

Post by changwufei »

I also have the problem with the fire buttons not working, so i cant pass or shoot the ball. I had 2 computer players selected to play each other, and they have the same problem, they cant pass or shoot the ball. So im thinking its more of a code problem than a controls one.

So at the moment the game is totally unplayable for me on both OS's and i really want to play this. When will the next release be out? I saw a beta 0.73 version on the site where you download the data and logos, but its not a clickable link, are you just trying to tease us? hehe
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

changwufei wrote:I also have the problem with the fire buttons not working, so i cant pass or shoot the ball. I had 2 computer players selected to play each other, and they have the same problem, they cant pass or shoot the ball. So im thinking its more of a code problem than a controls one.
The problem is that I tested the game in 6-7 different computer, and I'm not able to repoduce this bug. :(
changwufei wrote:So at the moment the game is totally unplayable for me on both OS's and i really want to play this. When will the next release be out? I saw a beta 0.73 version on the site where you download the data and logos, but its not a clickable link, are you just trying to tease us? hehe
Oops I forgot it! ;)

Ok, a real preview will come in the next days...