Game hangs at half-time

Insert here your troubles, infos and request about YSoccer's technical questions.

Game hangs at half-time

Post by Guest »

Hi there! Just found out about this nifty lil' game at Linux Game Tome, and I really like it.

Good reminiscences from the SWOS days. Only problem I'm having right now... is the game hangs at half-time!

Everything's going ok, and when the 45th minute comes, the players stop and the game doesn't resume.

I've got Yoda Soccer installed on a Toshiba M70 Laptop (2.0GHz Pentium M, 1GB RAM, ATi X700), on Ubuntu 6.06.

Can anyone help?
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Game hangs at half-time

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote:Hi there! Just found out about this nifty lil' game at Linux Game Tome, and I really like it.

Good reminiscences from the SWOS days. Only problem I'm having right now... is the game hangs at half-time!

Everything's going ok, and when the 45th minute comes, the players stop and the game doesn't resume.

I've got Yoda Soccer installed on a Toshiba M70 Laptop (2.0GHz Pentium M, 1GB RAM, ATi X700), on Ubuntu 6.06.

Can anyone help?
Very strange bug. Does it happen every time?

Re: Game hangs at half-time

Post by Guest »

Massimo32 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hi there! Just found out about this nifty lil' game at Linux Game Tome, and I really like it.

Can anyone help?
Very strange bug. Does it happen every time?
Hi there, Massimo ;)

Yes, it does... Only way to get out of that situation is to press "Esc", but then you only play half of a game everytime.

I have a dual-boot setup, with both Ubuntu and XP, I'll try it on Windows later on and tell you if the same thing happens. I just really wanted to play it on Ubuntu, as I spend most of the time on Linux, anyway ;)

Post by Guest »

hello
Very good game but i've the same bug...
And i have no sound ...
Sorry for my english and thanks yopu for your efforts!

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem, but only when playing a league. Game don't hangs. It responses for key such as replay. Only problem is that half does not end ..
mcveat
Someone..

Post by mcveat »

I wrote previous post, but now i'm registered ;)
I want to update informations I gave before.
I have AMD Athlon 2.6 and ATI 9200 SE with Ubunu 6.06 on board. And the gameplay hangs for me at every match now. It is weird becouse yesterday i played the game without problems ..
mcveat
Someone..

Post by mcveat »

I found out what makes game hanging on half.

When sound isn't initialized you can play only one half. In my opinion it is becouse program cannot play whistle sound on half of the match. If sound is initialized everything is ok.

It is nothing suprissingly that players don't want to go out from the pitch, if there was no end whistle ;)

//sorry for my english, it's not my native language ..

Post by Guest »

nice :D:)
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

mcveat wrote:I found out what makes game hanging on half.

When sound isn't initialized you can play only one half. In my opinion it is becouse program cannot play whistle sound on half of the match. If sound is initialized everything is ok.

It is nothing suprissingly that players don't want to go out from the pitch, if there was no end whistle ;)

//sorry for my english, it's not my native language ..
Thanks mcveat, I'll fix this bug in the next version 0.73.