Unplayably slow on Windows

Insert here your troubles, infos and request about YSoccer's technical questions.
freegamer

Unplayably slow on Windows

Post by freegamer »

I have a 1ghz laptop. I tried Yoda Soccer on Windows this evening and it was unplayably slow (less than 1fps) in both directx and opengl versions although opengl performed marginally better and with less bugs. The directx version was horribly broken - rendering nothing except the pitch, ball, and players - no crowd, stadium, or white lines on the pitch.

I shall try it on Linux tomorrow.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Unplayably slow on Windows

Post by Massimo32 »

freegamer wrote:I have a 1ghz laptop. I tried Yoda Soccer on Windows this evening and it was unplayably slow (less than 1fps) in both directx and opengl versions although opengl performed marginally better and with less bugs. The directx version was horribly broken - rendering nothing except the pitch, ball, and players - no crowd, stadium, or white lines on the pitch.

I shall try it on Linux tomorrow.
This is likely because the game requires a graphics card with 64MB of video ram.
freegamer

Post by freegamer »

Er... what!?

Sensi ran on what kinda hardware - an Amiga 500 and a 486 PC. And you think that a 64mb graphics card is a reasonable requirement for Yoda? Are you taking the mikey or are you deadly serious?

Surely you must consider optimization to be of some priority!
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

freegamer wrote:Er... what!?

Sensi ran on what kinda hardware - an Amiga 500 and a 486 PC. And you think that a 64mb graphics card is a reasonable requirement for Yoda? Are you taking the mikey or are you deadly serious?

Surely you must consider optimization to be of some priority!
Well, then we must to stop adding more and more graphics!!! :D

Joking apart, there's room for optimization and we hope to lower the requirements in the final version.