Numerous Problems with this Game and Suggestions

Insert here your troubles, infos and request about YSoccer's technical questions.

Numerous Problems with this Game and Suggestions

Post by Guest »

First off I like the effort put into this but this game has some serious problems that can easily be corrected. I assume more of the devs are Linux users. I come from the Windows community.

1. Mouse support needs to be enabled by default in the Windows version.

2. You need to be able to use the enter button to select a menu when using the arrow keys.

3. "Friendly" needs to be changed to "Start Game", no one will figure out what "Friendly" means. I assume it is some sort of translation issue.

4. Any place else "Friendly" is used needs to be changed to "Continue" in the menus.

5. Any place where "Exit" is used needs to be changed to "Back" in the menus.

6. "Exit Game" needs to be on the main menu not in the options menu. And you can just call it "Exit" or "Exit Game".

7. Someone needs to test this using mouse support. The final option to start game does not work with the mouse.

8. You guys need an installer and a desktop icon for Windows. Here is an open source installer:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

It is very good and very customizeable. This will allow more people to discover your game.

9. Why is the game called "Yoda" Soccer. To Americans this comes off as a soccer game for the movie Star Wars.

I hope this helps. This game has alot of potential the menus are very clean and the game looks solid.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: Numerous Problems with this Game and Suggestions

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote: 1. Mouse support needs to be enabled by default in the Windows version.
2. You need to be able to use the enter button to select a menu when using the arrow keys.
3. "Friendly" needs to be changed to "Start Game", no one will figure out what "Friendly" means. I assume it is some sort of translation issue.
4. Any place else "Friendly" is used needs to be changed to "Continue" in the menus.
5. Any place where "Exit" is used needs to be changed to "Back" in the menus.
Well, the interface is similar to the SWOS one. I like it :D
Anonymous wrote: 6. "Exit Game" needs to be on the main menu not in the options menu. And you can just call it "Exit" or "Exit Game".
In this game Exit Game IS an option... :D
Anonymous wrote: 7. Someone needs to test this using mouse support. The final option to start game does not work with the mouse.
The game cannot start using a mouse, you need to press the fire button.
Anonymous wrote: 8. You guys need an installer and a desktop icon for Windows. Here is an open source installer:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

It is very good and very customizeable. This will allow more people to discover your game.
Thanks. We'll consider that when the game will be near to be completed.
Anonymous wrote: 9. Why is the game called "Yoda" Soccer. To Americans this comes off as a soccer game for the movie Star Wars.
It's a long long history :D
Anonymous wrote: I hope this helps. This game has alot of potential the menus are very clean and the game looks solid.
Thanks for you compliments and suggestions.

Ciao.